What is Reverse Engineering?
Reverse Engineering CAD is the act of reproducing a CAD model of a failed, broken, or no longer manufactured part following a detailed examination of how it was originally made. At ProImage 3D we pride ourselves on our ability to re-create and reproduce models as accurately as possible. Whether we are using our latest high-end scanning technology to replicate a part within precision tolerances, or modifying and improving upon an existing design, we will help guide you to the solution that best fits your needs.
There are basically 3 types of reverse engineering.
If your purpose of reverse engineering is for design intent, then the goal is to re-create the CAD model as close to the original designs of its creator. In manufacturing, parts may have the tendency to shift slightly based on the tolerances specified by the designer. For example, a part may have been designed with a borehole that is 1.5” in diameter, but the final produced part may have a diameter of 1.496” due to part variance. Therefore we would modify any bores of the 1.496” back to the original intent of 1.5”.
The ProImage 3D Advantage
- Full In-House Solution – Scan, Design, and Print
- Certified – We have the tools and credentials.
- SOLIDWORKS Professional Mechanical Design Certified
- Advanced SOLIDWORKS Certifications in Mold Making, Surfacing, Drawing Tools, and Weldments
- 9+ Years Experience
- Our Support Network of Manufacturers, Patent Attorneys, and Packaging Specialists